Are you new here?
Here’s 7 tips for a successful new business from the get go.
- Be Upfront – If you are new to the industry and charging really low prices because you are learning, then say so. When you’re looking for models, add in your post that you are a trainee and need models to build your experience. Customers want to feel like they are helping you and then you won’t have disgruntled customers that had too high expectations. This also helps to get in their minds that they are only getting them this cheap because you are learning and doesn’t devalue our industry, making it much easier for you to increase your prices as you gain experience.
- Get the know how on social media – There are billions of users on social media every day, all day and it is a valuable place to grow your business. If your budget allows, get onto a training course as soon as possible (we have a few businesses on the site that offer it www.thelashandbrowdirectory.com) that will teach you exactly how to advertise on social media among other very important business boosting tools. While you may think you can’t afford it, the actual fact is you can’t afford not to (unless you already know what you’re doing) you will waste a lot of money and miss out on potential business if you go about things the wrong way. You will get more out of every dollar spent on advertising if you know how to use the platform correctly.
- Always get your customers email address (if they let you of course!)– You can collect this through your website, online booking, consultation and waiver forms or get a pen and paper and just ask them. It is much easier to email a past or current client giving them your offer then to acquire a new client. It’s also cheaper!
- Get to at least one Lash and/or brow conference. This will dramatically increase your confidence and renew your determination. You will be surrounded by likeminded people and you will come away feeling as though you are apart of a bigger family. Most of them also offer learning opportunities by some of the best in the world.
- Find a support network – chances are you are already in one but if not find at least one support network where you can ask questions about your business or any issues in your work. You can join face book groups for our industry or meet up with other businessmen and women in your area, check out app ‘Meetup’ to find groups in your city. Supported people are more likely to succeed then those that go it alone.
- Take care of yourself – Get used to the fact that being a new business you are probably going to be over worked and underpaid for at least the first 12 months. You need to work hard to grow your business and you need to work a lot. Be conscious of this fact and learn to listen to your body and rest when you need to. If you can afford to, you can delegate work to a Virtual Assistant. They can help with things like social media management, emails etc leaving you to concentrate on balancing what’s on your plate and not dishing up the whole buffet!
- Get a listing on the Lash & Brow Directory, of course! You can be seen worldwide AND you can also source suppliers and training providers. www.thelashandbrowdirectory.com